Can i collect unemployment if i quit due to hostile work environement?

Ashland, KY |

A supervisor came into a meeting where myself and 3 co-workers were meeting with my supervisor and my supervisors boss, this supervisor stated that he had already wrote his staff up and that if we didnt f***ing do our job he was going to fire us because he was tired of cleaning up our messes. He would not give us specific things that we did wrong, when i asked about specfic caseloads there were brought to my attention earlier in the day that had problems (ended up person that keys in billing keyed wrong code) were found that it was not my error this supervisor said it's your fault you should have made sure it was keyed correctly. (not part of my job to check utilization reports)

1. In regards to your hostile work environment question, the term "hostile work environment" is often misunderstood. While your situation sounds very unpleasant and frustrating, it most likely does not rise to the level of a hostile work environment as defined by the law. For you to have a hostile work environment claim, the mistreatment of you must be based on a protected characteristic such as your race, gender or religion. There are other requirements of such a claim as well but the threshold question is whether the treatment of you is motivated by your membership in that protected class. If you think that you are being discriminated against at your job because of your race, gender, religion, etc., you should contact an employment attorney in Kentucky.