Can I collect unemployment if I can the current job I had changed the hours and I am not able to work them and had no other

Medford, MA |

option but to leave.

You should apply for unemployment benefits even though you left work voluntarily because there are certain circumstances that will allow you to collect such benefits, including change in work schedule, rate of pay or other things that formed the basis of your employment contract or led you to take the position. It may be difficult to show that you voluntarily left with good cause attributable to the employer, the standard for getting benefits when leaving voluntarily. It may be in your best interests to begin the process by filing a claim and, if denied, consider consulting an attorney to assist you with the appeals process. Best of luck.

Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. (It lets us know how we are doing.) Attorney Kremer is licensed to practice in Massachusetts. Please visit her Avvo profile for contact information. In accordance with Avvo guidelines, the following disclaimer applies to all responses given in this forum: The above is NOT legal advice, and is NOT intended to be legal advice. No Attorney-Client relationship is created through the above answer.