Can i collect unemployement if i was fired for not meeting quota, after only 3 weeks at State Farm.

Asked 10 months ago - Oak Lawn, IL

This is not my first office at state farm. I signed with him 25K salary. I worked for almost a little over 3 weeks and sold 10 polices. He insisted that because I didnt sell 28 apps in the month I was not a good fit. Is this fair...I felt that i wasnt given enough time and I gave up other opportunities for this job. And even was recommened by this guys manager, his manager is the one who found me. I filed the UI claim but am waiting for the letter in the mail.

1. J. Richard Kulerski

1

Answered . My experience has been that one must have worked four weeks before becoming entitled to unemployment.

2. Luke Parrish Hajzl

1

Answered . You did the right thing by filing the UI claim. Wait to see if it is granted or denied. Once the determination is made you will either be granted or denied benefits. Your weekly benefit is determined by your "base period" and will consider your work history in the past 5 quarters so having worked for your most current employer for less than four weeks does not automatically disqualify you from benefits. If your claim is denied, the determination letter will state the reason for denial and you can go from there. It makes no sense to speculate until you have that piece of paper. If you are denied you need to do a cost benefit of fighting it. Typically, if you will get over $1,000 in benefits a month then it is worth hiring an attorney. Often these types of cases are done on a very reasonable flat fee. Hope that helps.

3. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

Answered . It never hurts to file for unemployment and to consult with an unemployment attorney about the likelihood of collecting it.