Can I collect back-due child support pursuant to an international child support agreement from another country?

Father emigrated to California from Hungary 27 years ago and hasn't paid child support for his two kids since (then 2 and 9). Child support verdict was issued by a Hungarian court at the time. Hungary has a reciprocity agreement with California in place regarding payment of child support, can that be enforced to collect any back-due amounts? With interest?

There is no reason why you should not be able to register the order here in CA and then enforce it. Rather or not you are allowed interest would be based though on Hungarian law. Good luck!

Would you be able to tell me what's the best way to proceed at this point? Find a lawyer in CA who'd be willing to handle the case, and that's it?