Skip to main content

Can i collect anything from a car accident due to whiplash and muscle spasms due to the car who hit me?

Everett, MA |

car ran red light collided into me, got an injured knee, bruised and severe pain and swelling, pains still with me after the month of the accident, also have muscle spasms which dont seem to go away at all..i wasnt at fault for the accident, not sure if i can collect anything for it because not sure if can work due to my symptoms

+ Read More

Attorney answers 11


Yes, there are ways that you can pursue a claim. The extent of your recovery depends in large part on the extent of your injuries and various insurance coverages. I suggest that you contact an experienced auto accident lawyer who can explain your rights to you in person. Feel free to call me for a free consultation if you would like specific information.

Please note that listings on Avvo are considered advertising. Furthermore, a response to the question that you posted is NOT intended to establish any attorney-client relationship. This answer is intended to provide you with general information that may assist you in deciding if and how you may like to consider pursuing your legal rights. Please call me directly if you would like to further discuss your situation.


Based on your description of the accident and your injuries, I believe that you would be able to receive money compensation from the at fault driver 's insurance company. I would be happy to discuss your case with you. You may call me directly at 751-589-8593 or email me at Feel free to visit my website at where you will find helpful information explaining your right to compensation following a car accident. John Sheehan

Information provided above is intended for general information only. The information presented above should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

John J Sheehan

John J Sheehan


sorry for typo. cell # is 781-589-8593.


I would definately contact am attorney in your state to protect your rights. I am sure one of the advising attorneys can share some wisdom as to your best move.



You can certaily recover for your medical expenses. If you have car insurance you can also recover economic damages. This includes your compensation for wage loss. Additionally, you are entitled to compensation for pain and suffering. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., aka El Abogado de Accidentes de California: 510-206-4492. It is of a general context and is not intended to form an attorney client relationship. I am licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on accident, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes y Lesiones personales, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Bancarrotas de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


I'm sorry to hear of your injuries. You should seek treatment for all injuries without delay and explain to your doctors that the injuries all followed the car accident. Was the other driver cited by police? Were there witnesses to the accident? Have you submitted an operator's report? You should speak with a personal injury attorney who can evaluate your liability claim, inform you of your legal rights and remedies, explain the legal process, negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf, and take the case to trial if necessary. I have been handling these cases successfully for 25 years if you would like a free consultation.

Nothing in this email is to be construed as legal advice, or as a solicitation to create an attorney/client relationship.


Whiplash can be very serious, and people can read more about whiplash on my website under the injuries tab. Retain a local personal injury asap.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


You sure can but be aware of the statute of limitations. I am reluctant to tell you what it is as I am a Pennsylvania lawyer. Call a lawyer in your state.


I think you should hire a lawyer for this personal injury actions.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.


Go to doctor and insist on treatment from an orthopedics specialist and an MRI.


You can pursue a claim against the other driver for the injuries you received in the accident as a result of the other driver's negligence (fault). If you have not already done so, you should seek treatment for your injuries, with the medical expenses being paid through your car insurance and health insurance. You should also consult with an experienced personal injury attorney. I have been handling such cases for over 25 years. You can reach me at 617-361-5310 or at and can get more information at our website at


Call somebody!

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer