Skip to main content

Can i claim my illegal immigrant girlfriend as my dependent on my taxes? Or can i claim my daughter that was born in Oct. 2012?

Van Nuys, CA |

Me and my girldfriend have been living together since Nov. 2011 till now. Taxes are due and i want to know if i can claim her as a dependent on my tax returns im an US citizen. What can i do?
Also she was pregnant and gave birth to my daughter.
can i claime her?she was born in the US.My daughter was born in Oct.2012.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. You can't claim your girlfriend but you can claim your daughter.

    Good luck.

    Evan A. Nielsen is licensed to practice law in California and handles federal tax matters throughout the U.S. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice for a particular matter. This response does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult an attorney.

  2. You can claim your daughter. However, your girlfriendwould need to have a SSN.

    This answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship, Moreover, this attorney is Licensed to practiced law ONLY in LOUISIANA and answers to questions from other jurisdictions or states are meant to provide only general information. Users should contact a local attorney in their jurisdiction or state.