Can I claim my daughter's boyfriend as a dependent on my taxes this year? How long does he have to live here to claim him?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Bedford Park, IL

My daughter's boyfriend's parents kicked him out of the house in April of this year. We took him in because he had no where to stay and they have refused to help him out in any way financially. They promised to pay for school but when it came time, they ignored all his calls. He's going to school on a dependency override because we cannot afford to help him go to school. I just want to know if I will be able to claim him on our taxes this year or are there any benefits on our taxes for housing him and supporting him financially.

1. John Adam Wetenkamp

1

Answered . Why don't you try using this IRS interactive tool (click on link below). It will take you through a series of questions and help you determine if you can claim this person as a dependent. Hope this helps.

http://www.mwattorneys.com