Skip to main content

Can I claim my 18 year old on my taxes as a dependent if he worked part-time and earned $7,000 dollars last year.

Glen Burnie, MD |

I pay for his college tuition and books, his car insurance ,and health insurance. I buy him clothes, he lives at home with me , he commutes to college.

Attorney Answers 1


you can claim him as a dependent, and he should also file a tax return to recoup taxes he may have paid in -- he will simply indicate on his return that he is,in fact, your dependent. You can also take credits for his tuition.

Mark as helpful

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics