Can i claim false imprisonment?

Lincoln, NE |

i was arrested and being accused of felon in possession of a fire arm and discharging a firearm in a public place i have been to two court appearances and they keep resetting it for docket calls they denied my bond reduction request they havent taken it over to district court and i havent even been charged with anything yet its all accusations my pub. defender says that they keep sending it to another docket call cause they dont have any evidence against me but the prosecutor keeps bringing my me into it when the lawyers have their discussions regarding the case like they are trying to pin this on me i wasnt arrested with a weapon i dont even know anything about the weapons they recovered i did a powder residue test no questions asked STILL IN JAIL no end in site.

From what you described in your criminal case you are charged with a crime in Nebraska on two felony charges. As a rule, the felony charges have certain bond conditions attached to your subsequent release, such as the risk of flight and danger to the community. Upon this determination the court judge sets a bond amount during a bond hearing.
You indicated that the bond reduction request was denied. In such cases depending on certain vital factors that is not unusual.
In my personal professional opinion I do not believe there are any valid allegations of false imprisonment in your case that could be asserted.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

Not likely to be able to win on a false imprisonment suit. I would have your public defender argue bond and have any family or friends show at your next hearing to point to your ties to the community. You may just want to pay to hire an attorney to fight for you.