Can I charge storage rent on things that were left at my home for 3+ months?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Wilkes Barre, PA

I had a friend that lived with me and one day she stopped coming back home. She left all her belongings at my home as if my home was a storage unit and would ask to come get some things every week. Her junk has been here for 3+ months now, can I charge a rent fee for her leaving her belongings here so long? I've contacted her numerous times to come pick it up but she blows me off each and every time.

1. Charles Anthony Rick

1

Answered . You can file a civil action at the local district court. Depending on the cirucmstances the judge may find that she owes you for storage. He may also assign a dollar amount to that decision. If she fails to pay you, at least you know where the property is so that you can execute on your judgment.