Skip to main content

Can I charge my ex-wfie with forging my signature?

Detroit, MI |

Can I Still Charge My Ex Wife with forging a signature, in Ontario? I have evedence of this and would like to know if I can charge her for it? It"s been six years but i have just receptently found this evedence of her stating that she has done this and that she is sorry. What can i do about this? Please help???

We are divorced and I have takin all of the dept. I do pay child support and have joint custody of our child. I would like to know if I can still have her pay for the money she ows on the credit cards and have her charged with fraud? I did not give her permission to reopen credit cards and she have signed my name to them while we were still married. Please help?????

Attorney Answers 2


You can't charge her with anything; only the DA can do that. You can report it to the police but prepare yourself for the laughter when you say this happened 6 years ago. I doubt anyone will act on your complaint.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You may have a civil claim, depending on how the facts play out precisely on your claim. Fraud claims are subject to a statute of limitations, which limits the total number of years you can wait to bring suit. How many years you can wait to bring suit varies from state to state. But at six years, it is likely you are close to if not already beyond the statute of limitations period.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics