Can I changed from OPT to CPT without work interruption?

Asked over 1 year ago - Albany, NY

I am have been in US legally since i was 16. Now i am 24 and recent graduated with a bachelor degree in finance. I am working on OPT but my OPT will expire in September 2013. I got my job late so my company was not able to file for my H1B on time. now i am trying to get a new I-20 and Apply for CPT so i can keep my status and working for the same company. I know my OPT will be terminated when my F1 visa is transferred to a new school. and it will take a month until i get a CPT. would i be able to work during that gap ? what other options would you recommend?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

2

1

Answered . I recommend you stick to the course you have selected. It Sounds pretty sound to me. Permission to work is tricky. Theoretically once OPT is over, toy cannot work

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

1

Answered . I do not recommend you working during the gap.