Skip to main content

Can I change my guilty plea to not guilty before sentencing? Also Hire a new attorney

Overland Park, KS |

I need to know if i can change my guilty plea to not guilty before sentencing and hire a new attorney.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. get a new lawyer in KS. in most places you can withdraw your plea for good cause. doonot wait another day

  2. The previous answer is quite correct. You must move on this immediately. Once you are sentenced the process of withdrawing your guilty plea becomes much more difficult. It is not necessarily easy now, requiring a showing of "good cause," but will require a showing of "manifest injustice" after sentencing. "Manifest injustice" is a very hard standard to meet. You should contact someone in Johnson County as soon as possible to inquire about withdrawing your guilty plea.

DUI topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics