Can I change employment with a non e-verify employer who willing to file H1-B, while on stem opt extension?

New York, NY |

I am currently on STEM OPT extension working for a e-verify employer.
I was offered a position with a leading financial services firm who agreed to sponsor my H1-B visa but they are not enrolled in e-verify program.
I really want to accept this employment because my current employer doesn't have many projects and will soon let me go.
What are my options?

The employer does not have to be e-verified to petition you for H-1B status.

But they have to be e-verified for me to accept employment since I am on STEM OPT extension.

You are clearly confused and need to consult with an immigration attorney, We have many good attorneys here in NYC.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

If you want to know your options, Avvo is not the place to discern them. Legal advice only comes through a consultation with a lawyer. No ifs, ands or buts. I agree with my two colleagues.

---------------------------
Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
(Office located within minutes of the George Washington Bridge)

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.