Can I change employer and transfer PD ?

San Jose, CA |

My I-140 was approved 2 months ago. Can I change employer and transfer PD (not current)? New employer is going to extend H1b visa and file for GC ASAP.

Yes, you can. But you better maintain valid nonimmigrant status u til the very day you are admitted into permanent residence.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Should be OK as long as you continue to maintain status.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

I agree with my colleagues.

Recommended articles about Immigration