Can I challenge a recent bankruptcy on my credit report?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I had the meeting with the creditors in April. June 17, was the deadline for disputes ( I believe). I am starting the process of rebuilding my credit. A free online company is helping me with advice. The company sent me info about a credit card and I was approved. The company is now referring me to another online company that claims to help individuals remove bankruptcies from their credit report. The new company claims to contact reporting bureaus and creditors, to remove the bankruptcy if the information is not entirely accurate. Is this possible? The company is expensive. I do not want to fork over money and find out that they can not help me. I'm not interested in anymore credit cards (1 is enough). I am interested in other ways to rebuild my credit.

1. Brendan Clayton Ross

5

Answered . If it sounds to good to be true, it virtually always is. You can challenge anything, including your bankruptcy, but it will not be deleted if its reported accurately.

2. Diane L Gruber

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . No. It is a scam.

3. Scott Benjamin Riddle

Pro

3

1

Answered . Sure, you can challenge anything on your credit report. It'll do not good for accurate information such as recent bankruptcies. You basically signed up to be scammed. You can bet your personal information has been sold many times over and you'll likely be a target for month or years to come.

4. Thomas O. Moens

1

Answered . Without knowing more about this company, I can only guess what their game is. However, no matter how hard they try, and even if they succeed in getting it off of your credit reports, there is no way in the world they are going to delete your bankruptcy case from the federal court records.