Skip to main content

Can I cant a misdemeanor expunged or nondisclosed

Chesterfield, VA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I was charged in 1998 with petty larceny...I have been working in hospitals for the last 5 years and have had my criminal record pulled for each hospital and school and until recently it has never shown on my record. I recently applied to a hospital was offered the job and accepted. I recieved a call yesterday that there was a problem on my background check and this came up. I was told that in order to keep the job I would have to get this taken care of. Is there a way to expunge a record even though i was found guilty but have had no other charges besides speeding tickets ever. I had also read something about possibly getting it nondisclosed. how would i go about doing either of these and is it possible

Attorney Answers 2


In most states there is a way to do that. In some the probation office will do it for you if you were ever on probation. You need to contact a lawyer to have your record cleaned up.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


It is possible to have a one time record of conviction for a misdemeanor offense such as petty larceny expunged in the Commonwealth under Va. Code Sec. 19.2-392.2(F) if the Commonwealth cannot show "just cause" for opposing it.

M.E. Hendrickson, Esq.
Alexandria, virginia 22314

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics