Can I call back the insurance adjuster to tell them to hold my settlement after i agreed to settle?

Oakland, CA |

I was a passenger in a car that got hit by another car running a red light. He admitted he was at fault. His insurance called me to settle and i agreed and gave a recorded statement but, i called 2 hours later and got the insurance lady's voicemail and asked if they can hold the settlement until i get checked by my doctor.

1. Until you have signed a release you have not committed to anything. Contact a personal injury attorney immediately to assist you through this

Kazerouni Law Group, APC is a law firm concentrating its efforts in the area of consumer law, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1692 et seq. (“FDCPA”), and California's Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, California Civil Code §§ 1788-1788.32 ("Rosenthal Act"). Our lawyers are specially trained in the Federal FDCPA, Consumer Defense, and other consumer related matters. Our goal is to protect you against unfair, deceptive and abusive debt collection practices. Creditors, professional debt collectors, and attorneys who violate the law are subject to paying damages, statutory penalties, and the consumer's attorneys fees and costs. If you feel you have been abused, deceived or treated unfairly, you may need a lawyer. We can be reached at 800-400-6808, or through one of the evaluation forms on this or at our own website at www.kazlg.com. The information provided on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or as forming an attorney-client relationship. No attorney-client relationship between the reader and Abbas Kazerounian has been formed. If you are in the State of California and would be interested in a formal free consultation either visit Kazerouni Law Group, APC website at www.kazlg.com or call me toll free at 800-400-6808.

2. Your case is only settled if a release was signed by you. Retain a personal injury lawyer in your state so you get maximum compensation as opposed to the tiny nuisance settlement they most likely offered you.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

3. Just as the other driver "admitted he was at fault", you may well have unwittingly admitted to all kinds of facts that are going to damage your case. So, yes retain an attorney ASAP to start damage control.

Here's why unrepresented people should never speak to the other insurance company after an accident: [Blue Link Below]

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

4. The other answers are correct. If you do retain an attorney, he will be able to obtain a copy of your recorded statement to see if you said anything that could damage your case. If you have not been to a doctor, you should go as soon as possible since the longer you wait to seek medical attention, usually it lowers the value of the case.

Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as”AVVO.com are not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Any response given here is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

5. I agree with my colleagues. You need to consult with an attorney and seek quality medical examination and treatment, if necessary prior to making any further statements to the insurance company and certainly prior to signing any release of the claim.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

6. You should definitely consult an attorney as soon as possible. You also need to be seen by a physician to assess your injuries and condition. In the meantime, you should not talk with the insurance company and do not sign anything. As already mentioned, you haven't given up any legal rights if you haven't signed a release, although you may have compromised your legal position by providing a written statement. An attorney will be able to assess and do any necessary damage control.

All responses are provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or considered as the basis for an attorney-client relationship. Laura Mismas is only authorized to practice law in the State of California. Readers should not act upon information provided by Laura Mismas and should consult with an attorney regarding all matters herein. An attorney-client relationship with Laura Mismas is only initiated by entering into a written retainer agreement.

7. A person who is injured by the fault of another should be entitled to, and receive, some amount of recovery for damages. An insurance company will only pay what it has to pay. They deal with these situations day in and day out. A person who is injured in a car accident deals with this once... ever... if lucky... personal injury attorneys also deal with this day in and day out... one can see where this is going, right? A person who is injured in a motor vehicle accident which is the fault of another need only worry about one thing getting better... that is, if he or she hires a lawyer to handle the rest.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com
    "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

8. If you are injured it is wise not to settle until a doctor clears you of any injuries. There is no settlement until you sign on the dotted line. Call a PI lawyer in Oakland and let him guide through this process. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.