Can I call animal control on my landlord?

Aransas Pass, TX |
Filed under: Animal law

This chick is never home. she keeps five dogs and two puppies locked up in cages all day, with me, her tenant, taking care of them. however, i have a very busy life and these are not my animals. i don't want to be forced to take care of a total of ten dogs (two outside and one running loose inside), and four cats, when there is a flea and ringworm infestation in the house. two of the dogs get into fights regularly, and the two outside, as i have been told, have killed a couple cats and small dogs that lived here previously. One even died right after i moved in by a bite that got infected and eventually ended up killing the dog, but the owner wouldnt even spare the money to out the poor thing out of its misery. i am moving out soon, and my question is this: can I sick animal control on her?

"One even died right after i moved in by a bite that got infected and eventually ended up killing the dog, but the owner wouldnt even spare the money to out the poor thing out of its misery."

Which would have been the time to act.

However, as you are "moving out soon," this would be an opportune time to finally alert the authorities to these conditions.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

I couldn't agree more with Mr. Langer. Call and report to Animal Control (which is a county office) and you can also see if city code enforcement is interested too--they often have ordinances re animals as well.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.

Animal law topics