Can I call animal control on my landlord?

Asked 7 months ago - Aransas Pass, TX

This chick is never home. she keeps five dogs and two puppies locked up in cages all day, with me, her tenant, taking care of them. however, i have a very busy life and these are not my animals. i don't want to be forced to take care of a total of ten dogs (two outside and one running loose inside), and four cats, when there is a flea and ringworm infestation in the house. two of the dogs get into fights regularly, and the two outside, as i have been told, have killed a couple cats and small dogs that lived here previously. One even died right after i moved in by a bite that got infected and eventually ended up killing the dog, but the owner wouldnt even spare the money to out the poor thing out of its misery. i am moving out soon, and my question is this: can I sick animal control on her?

1. Keith G Langer

Pro

2

Answered . "One even died right after i moved in by a bite that got infected and eventually ended up killing the dog, but the owner wouldnt even spare the money to out the poor thing out of its misery."

Which would have been the time to act.

However, as you are "moving out soon," this would be an opportune time to finally alert the authorities to these conditions.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  2. Golnar Sargeant

1

Answered . I couldn't agree more with Mr. Langer. Call and report to Animal Control (which is a county office) and you can also see if city code enforcement is interested too--they often have ordinances re animals as well.