Can I buy dental practice on h1b

Asked over 1 year ago - Greenwich, CT

I am dentist who is on h1b status and My employer has sponsored my green card application. My employer wants to sell his practice as soon as possible but because of my indian nationality avg waiting period is 5-6 yrs. my employer dentist age is over 65 and don't want to wait another 5 years to hand over. Can I buy practice if my I-130 is approved?

1. Answered . Probably not on H-1B but you should meet with an immigration attorney familiar with investment visas. E-2 does not work for you because India does not have an E-2 treaty. But EB-5 might work if certain conditions are met. Choose your attorney wisely, this is a higher level of sophistication than the regular employment-based visas.

2. Answered . You should speak with an experienced immigration attorney. This investment would be prudent before you purchase a business.

3. Answered . This is somewhat of a grey area, but the general consensus is that you'd be in violation of your H-1B status. It is worth discussing this and the possibility of an E-2 with an immigration attorney experienced in business visas.