Can i buy a gun in Florida if i have a misdemeanor domestic violence conviction where adjudication was withheld?

Asked over 3 years ago - Jacksonville, FL

I was arrested for domestic violence before my husband and I got married about 8 years ago adjudication was withheld. Will I ever be able to own a gun or obtain a concealed weapons permit?

1. Jay Roger Rooth

Answered . You need to confirm that you entered a plea to domestic violence Battery, a misdemeanor. If you entered a plea to a misdemeanor and you have no other criminal history, you can still purchase a gun in Florida. Its illegal in the State of Florida to be in possession of a firearm if you are a convicted felon. Furthermore, you should be aware that you cannot be in possession of a firearm if you have any type of injunction in place. Many times an arrest for a DV related offense in coupled with an injunction.
    Jay R. Rooth www.mosesandrooth.com