Can i bring up in my domestic battery case about injuries caused to the person in a earlier domestic battery

Daytona Beach, FL |

a woman was physically assaulted by her boyfriend and injured he got arrested later that day we had a verbal argument and she claims i hit her causing injury i was arrested can i bring up the other case in my defense

1. Absolutely! Hopefully the police were called for the prior incident and/or their are witnesses.

Call 619-238-1905 or visit my website at www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com. I am happy to speak with you at no cost by phone on any San Diego or California matter at 619-238-1905. Thank you.

2. Of course...you can bring up anything that is relevant to the incident....

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

3. A good criminal defense attorney will make sure to substantiate her earlier injuries (with witnesses, medical records, testimony). If she is lying about those injuries, then she cannot be trusted with anything -- this is what the jury needs to know.

You should talk to a criminal defense attorney as soon as you can.

Let me know if I can help.

Domestic violence topics