Can i bring claim against police dept. for "excessive force" for being shot w/taser while riding my bike?

Asked about 2 years ago - Hollywood, FL

i was riding my bike alongside the sidewalk when a whitemale jumped out of a car pointing a gun/taser at me yelling get down, get down, get down on the ground now! in all honesty, i thought that i was caught up in the middle of something so i made an attempt to shield myself in between two vehicles. by the time i could get off my bike to lay down i was shot in the back w/taser. please explain. thank you.

1. Robert John Healy Jr.

Answered . It is possible to bring a claim for excessive force that resulted from the use a taser. Whether you have a valid claim, will require a detailed discussion with an attorney as well as a review of the police records regarding the incident.

2. Paul A Meissner Jr.

Answered . Whether the force utilized is justified depends upon the facts, and what reasonable suspicion the officer had at the time the force was applied. There is a possible cause of action, but whether there are recoverable damages depends upon your injury or detention. You should discuss the specifics with an attorney to have your question properly answered.