Can I bring a Lawsuit of " Breach of the Peace" in a car repossession?

Asked 10 months ago - San Diego, CA

I was in car in on the beach where their children when a tow truck rammed my rear end, startling me. They opened my door and grabbed m to get the keys and then started throwing my things on the front windshield. They claimed they were calling police because I was drunk but I had not been drinking. The police came and breathalyses me and it was negative but because I had to get out of the car to do the test he then said I had no more rights. By this time a large crowd of children had gathered to watch all this. The Car was dragged across the parking lot unsafely through a crowd of beachgoers I was with shock of the ambush and it trigged psychological injury (they must have tracked me by satellite in radio or some other method) and I was taken by police to mental hospital for 5150.

The tracking company said they had everything on camera and when I tried to negotiate to get some of my possessions that had been missing including my Smart phone they inadvertently revealed a memo indicating to me that some mistakes had been made on their part and that in future refer me to their attorney.

1. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . I think you may have had some rights violated talk to a personal injury attorney.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . Who would you like to pursue a claim against?

Pro

2

Answered . Have a local lawyer investigate

5. Robert Andrew Michael Burns

Answered . Automobile repossession law prohibits repossessions as you describe. I'd check to see that tow outfit is licensed to operate and has any needed fictitious-name statement. I am researching scoundrel Star Towing in this regard now at A.RC.C. I warn you that a competent lawyer will want to research your hospitalization records bearing on damages & impeachment issues. I would not broadcast facts here.