Can I bring a Lawsuit of " Breach of the Peace" in a car repossession?

San Diego, CA |

I was in car in on the beach where their children when a tow truck rammed my rear end, startling me. They opened my door and grabbed m to get the keys and then started throwing my things on the front windshield. They claimed they were calling police because I was drunk but I had not been drinking. The police came and breathalyses me and it was negative but because I had to get out of the car to do the test he then said I had no more rights. By this time a large crowd of children had gathered to watch all this. The Car was dragged across the parking lot unsafely through a crowd of beachgoers I was with shock of the ambush and it trigged psychological injury (they must have tracked me by satellite in radio or some other method) and I was taken by police to mental hospital for 5150.

The tracking company said they had everything on camera and when I tried to negotiate to get some of my possessions that had been missing including my Smart phone they inadvertently revealed a memo indicating to me that some mistakes had been made on their part and that in future refer me to their attorney.

I think you may have had some rights violated talk to a personal injury attorney.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

Who would you like to pursue a claim against?

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Have a local lawyer investigate

Automobile repossession law prohibits repossessions as you describe. I'd check to see that tow outfit is licensed to operate and has any needed fictitious-name statement. I am researching scoundrel Star Towing in this regard now at A.RC.C. I warn you that a competent lawyer will want to research your hospitalization records bearing on damages & impeachment issues. I would not broadcast facts here.