Can I bring a case against Veteran Affairs for malpractice? Or some other claim.

Asked over 2 years ago - Roanoke, VA

Injured in combat several discs and other pain and disabling conditions. My MD changed medications with out notifying me. There is documentation that I let them know, and MD stated would correct. This has happened for last 4 months and has caused extra pain and suffering. I have a contract w/ MD and is supposed to inform me of medications changes, increase/decrease. It could have been fatal that my medication was changed. There is a bill of rights with Vet Affairs; states has right to be pain free.

Pro

1

Answered . Medical malpractice claims against the VA may be brought under the Federal Tort Claims Act. A med mal lawyer can have an expert review your medical records to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. Search Avvo's "find a lawyer" for a med mal lawyer who will investigate your claim. Good luck to you.

The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Joseph Jonathan Brophy

1

Answered . I doubt that any medical malpractice lawyer would undertake your claim. Medical malpractice cases, particularly FTCA case, are difficult and expensive to prosecute. The damages have to be substantial. A four month increase in pain due to a change in medication is not the type of injury that would likely result in any substantial damages award.