Can I break a year's lease in a Wading River home?

Asked over 1 year ago - Riverhead, NY

My landlord lives in Manhattan; his over-seeier of the property is the Realtor & he scares me. I also fell down the basement steps due to the arthritis in my legs.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

5

Answered . What you posted doesn't sound like legal reasons to break a lease. Consult a real estate lawyer.

2. Marco Caviglia

4

Answered . The lease controls absent the landlord's making the premises uninhabitable or some other serious anomaly, which does not seem to be the case. You might invest in a consultation with a real estate attorney to review the lease if you are that unhappy.

3. Edwin Drantivy

3

Answered . It depends on the language in and duration of the lease.

4. Peter J Weinman

Pro

2

Answered . As the others have said, I do not see a valid reason to break your leaser. Moreover, I am not sure why you mentioned the steps since you said it was your arthritis that caused you to fall. However, with a copy of the lease and a proper consultation, perhaps an attorney could help you find a way out of the lease.

On a personal note, what do you mean when you say the Realtor scares you? Has he said or done something to put you in fear for your safety? I am guessing not, because I hope nobody in their right mind would stay someplace where they were unsafe simply for fear of breaking a lease.