Can I break a lease my year's lease to a rental home in Wading River, NY; if I feel uncomfortable living here?

Riverhead, NY |

The Realtor is the over seer of this property & he comes & goes as he please & I am scared. I also fell down the steps to the basement because of my arthritis in my legs. Can I break the lease to the home?

1. It is possible. It depends on the language in and duration of the lease.

2. What do you mean by come and goesvas he pleases? Does he enter without notice? What does the lease say about inspections? Consult a real estate lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. see other post

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

Landlord-tenant law topics