Can i being a united states citizen help my boyfriend get out of iimirgration hold with the help of a lawyer

Asked almost 3 years ago - Nyack, NY

he was arrested for domestic violence and then all charges were reduce to disorderly conduct and the offer was 15 days in jail but I.C.E has a hold on him this is his first time in trouble he has been here for 11yrs and he came here illegal he supports me and my children we have plans to get married what are his chances that a immigration lawyer can get him out?

1. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . Contact the immigration lawyer to discuss his chances. He can apply for bond while his immigration case is pending. The ilegal entry will pose a challenge on his ability to re tify his immigration status in the USA

Goodluck.

2. Hayley R. Greenberg

Answered . I am sorry to hear about your situation. You should contact an attorney to discuss your questions as additional information would be helpful.

Our firm has many years of experience in this field.

I wish you the best of luck.

Please remember that I do not normally monitor these questions after I have posted a reply but you can contact me as indicated below.

Complimentary phone consultations
    Hayley Greenberg
    Greenberg & Merola, LLP
    Attorneys at Law
    521 5th Ave. Ste. 1700
    New York, NY 10175
    (212) 593-6111, facsimile (516) 887-1720
    (Additional offices: Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island)
    www.GreenbergMerola.com

3. C. C. Abbott

Answered . I agree taht he needs to contact an experienced immigration attorney who can examine the complete criminal adjudication and provide a legal opinion as to its effect on his ability to obtain immigration. The fact an alien in custody has a US Citizen girlfriend has no infludence on his ability to obatin immigration relief. If he has not taken the criminal plea, it would be advisable that the immigration attorney review the plea offer for potentail consequences to his immigration options. It is impossible to provide odds or chances of success when examining AVVO postings.

4. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . You need to consult with a qualified immigration attorney. There are many issues in the scenario you presented.

5. Jeffrey Adam Devore

Answered . Putting aside the criminal issues, your boyfriend is subject to
    deportation because he is in the country unlawfully. It appears from
    these circumstances that he is eligible for release on bond. However,
    whether he will be granted bond will depend upon a number of different
    factors. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney
    who can review the specific facts of the case and advise you as to the
    likelihood of bond being granted and assist you in determining possible
    relief from deportation.

6. William D. Fong

Answered . Marriage while he is in proceedings has a higher level of scrutiny. Also, depending on how he entered the US, any other immigration violations and arrests, charges or convictions, may make him ineligible for PR or adjustment of status.

7. Sean Lewis

Answered . He should consult with an attorney who handles removal defense. He might qualify for cancellation of Removal or other releif as well as for an immigration bond. If so, he might be able to apply for work authorization, social secuity and a driver's license 9=(depending on state law where you live). A deportation lawyer will need to review his immigration, family and criminal history to accurately advise him.