Can I become a US citizen if I am 70 years old?

I am 70 years old and a citizen of the UK. My son is a US/UK dual citizen. Here are my facts: 70 year old female UK citizen Never lived in the US but visit annually for 2 weeks I have had cancer twice I do not work I'm a retired waitress I cannot afford to buy health care due to cancer history, so I would need benefits I want to live in the US to be with my son

Pleasanton, CA -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Your son needs to petition for you to become an LPR. Once you held that status for five years in the United States, you will be able to seek citizenship, which, the way I see your facts, is not really what you are asking about. LPR status will allow you to live in the USA and you will be able to get your immigrant visa to come to live here within a year or so of your son's application filing date.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

To be able to apply for US citizenship, you must first be a legal permanent resident for at least five years and reside in the US for the majority of those five years.

Ji Min Kim

Ji Min Kim

Immigration Attorney - Tacoma, WA

One of the requirements is to reside in the United States for five years before applying for citizenship. Because you never lived in the United States, I don't think you can apply for a U.S. citizenship.