Can I become a Physician Assistant with my criminal record?

Malvern, PA |

I am currently 18 and entering a university to major in Health Sciences, and then following that with 2 years of pre-Physician Assistant schooling. I will be 24 by the time I wish to actually become a Physician Assistant, and I am willing to fight for it, but I have a nasty criminal background and I wish to know if there is a chance that i will be able to get my medical license. I have a disorderly and an underage, along with a misdemeanor theft (orginally a felony burglary but dropped to a misdemeanor theft). I will be going to court for a second underage soon. I admit I had a problem, but I am now in recovery and have living my life honestly and alcohol free for the past couple months.

I was seventeen years old during all of my arrests, but i believe part of my deal with the judge was that my misdemeanor would not be able to get expunged.

Contact our office with further details, so we may be able to assist you with what can and cannot be expunged. As far as what will inhibit you from employment it is usually based on the individual business and what their requirements are ie: background checks, drugs tests, etc.

The response does not form an attorney-client relationship. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise.

Reed Law Office
212 West Gay Street
West Chester, PA 19380
610-647-6777
ReedPALaw@gmail.com

Michael James Reed

Michael James Reed

My assistant provided first answer. Your UADs can be expunged at age 21. Your juvenile record can be expunged after 5 years except for felonies. Each state has different PA licensure.terms. Forb Pennsylvania go to web site of Occupational Affairs and see what the requirements are. BTW, you can avoid the 2 year post grad plan before PA school. Get your core courses within the 4 year program. Also, talk to a military recruiter. The service will support you through the full 6 years of courses in return for a few years of your skills. My ortho PA is 10 years ex Army and a happy PA. with no school debt

You may be entitled for seek an expungement of the summary offenses and you may be eligible to apply for a pardon from the more serious offenses from the Pennsylvania Board of Pardons. Visit my firms law blog at: lifetimelawyer.com We addressed similar matters in today's earlier blog posting.

Craig P. Kalinoski, Esq.
KALINOSKI LAW OFFICES, P.C.
lifetimelawyer.com

The response provided by this attorney does NOT create an attorney - client relationship, nor have we agreed to accept this case for representation. You should consult with an experienced attorney in the area of law you have legal questions about.