CAN I BECOME A CABIN CREW MEMBER/FLIGHT ATTENDANT?

Asked about 1 year ago - Mojave, CA

HI,
I was wondering if age is a constraint for any airlines especially in usa for cabin crew jobs? I am 41 and am a graduate with very fluent english and can speak spanish too. I would really appreciate if somebody can give me some guidance in this issue.

Thank you

1. Michael Robert Kirschbaum

3

1

Answered . It is unlawful for employers to deny employment to an applicant because they are over the age of 40, unless age is a bona fide qualification of the the job. For example, there are age limits for commercial airline pilots. But 41 is young. I cannot conceive of any legitimate basis to deny an applicant who is 41, for that reason alone. Nor can you be asked your age.

However, most fight attendants are unionized and the most difficult impediment you may face is obtaining a union job. You won't know until you try. Good luck.

2. John D Wu

1

Answered . Not likely, as it would be unlawful to discriminate against you based on your current age. Given that you are only 41, I would highly doubt any exception to anti-discrimination laws would apply.

3. Joseph Wayne Rose

Pro

1

Answered . If you are otherwise qualified, your age should not prevent you from getting a flight attendant job. You should consider contacting the Association of Flight Attendants - CWA for more information about requirements and qualifications for this work. Good luck.