Can I be terminated while on FMLA for a PIP?

Asked over 1 year ago - Raleigh, NC

Was not put on the PIP until well after a request for FMLA was put in, and my employer kept ignoring my request for FMLA which forced me to go over her head and get the paperwork rolling.

1. Kirk J. Angel

Pro

2

1

Answered . Yes, you can be terminated. However, you may have a claim for FMLA retaliation or possibly interference depending on the facts. Either way, it is extremely important that you consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible because it appears that you do have a factual basis for an FMLA claim. During the consultation, the attorney will be able to get more information and provide you with your options moving forward.