Can i be sweep in a gang indictment ? and how to fight a indictment?

Bronx, NY |

In my neighborhood in The Bronx , the detectives are riding around taking pictures of anybody outside and they're asking for names of everyone. i feel really harassed and i have a feeling because the indictments in East Harlem and in various location in The Bronx that the a.d.a or d.a will try to do a "gang" indictment. I have not done any crime and i lived out of state while finishing high school and go upstate for college. Can i be put in this if they do a sweep ?

1. The police would need probable cause to think you committed a crime.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. Besides Mr. Rothstein's good advice, you may want to avoid the "hot corners and areas" where criminal activity is happening.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.