Skip to main content

Can I be supported by the Government if I am emancipated under the age of 18?

Malvern, PA |

I am a high school senior. I am so sick of living in this hell hole with my family. I'm contemplating either running away or killing my self. I need an answer, somebody please help me.

Attorney Answers 2


May I suggest that you need to talk with a counselor. School counselors, local social service agency, local mental Health agency, these individuals may be able connect you with the appropriate agencies or services...

This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship nor shall any of this information be construed as providing legal advice. Laws change over time and differ from state to state. These answers are based on California Law.Applicability of the legal principles discussed may differ substantially in individual situations. You should not act upon the information presented herein without consulting an attorney about your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship is established.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


First, you should talk to a counselor. Second, the purpose of being emancipated is because you are able to support yourself on your own without your parents, therefore the government will not support you.

All of Ms. Riley's responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Riley is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.

Mark as helpful

2 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics