Can i be sued or arrested for posting or sending nude pictures of myself to another adult facebook user ?

Clearwater, FL |
Filed under: Internet law

i live in florida, the reciever of the pictures lives in massachussetts.

As long as everyone is over 18, it wouldn't violate any Florida or federal law. You'd have to ask a Massachusetts lawyer (by posting with a Massachusetts city) about Massachusetts law.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

hi, and thank you very much for the info. i can stop worrying so much now. thanks.

In about six months you will be posting a question: nude photos of my are on every porn site on the internet. What can I do. The answer will be: nothing.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

thanks for the response my friend.

Michael Charles Doland

Michael Charles Doland

Thanks for having such a positive attitude. Avoiding problems appears simpler and cheaper than solving problems.

It actually could be a violation of law if the recipient alleges some sort of harassment. But to be sure, talk to an attorney for your own peace of mind. But don't post any additional information here on this public website about the situation, because you do not want to accidentally implicate yourself.

This is not legal advice: it is intended to be used for general informational or educational purposes only. For a free case evaluation, visit FairfaxCountyCriminalDefense.com.

Internet law topics