Can I be sued for this?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

Two days ago, my grandmother was served papers suing me for $5,100.00 for an accident that occurred last year. The accident occurred while I was stopped at an off ramp. Another car had struck the car I was driving and pushed me into the plaintiff. Now, the plaintiff, and state farm are suing me, and the lady caused car that caused the accident. My car had been totaled by the lady and her insurance paid for me to get a new one, she also accepted full responsibility. Do I need a lawyer?

1. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

9

Answered . Yes. You are sued because the other party believes you may be partly at fault. Failing to due you could result in losing the case, so it's likely just a precaution.

Report this and forward papers to your insurer ASAP and they'll defend you and hire a lawyer. It's part of why you have insurance.

Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL
    773-944-9737
    Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
    Website: www.hofflawyer.com
    Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

2. Kevin Coluccio

9

Answered . You have been sued and it is imperative that you contact your insurance carrier. The carrier will provide you with an attorney. If you did not have coverage, yes, you need to contact an attorney.

3. Burton A. Padove

Pro

6

Answered . Contact your insurer at the time, immediately. They will provide you with a lawyer and defend you from the allegations in the Complaint.

Pro

7

Answered . Simply turn the papers over to your insurance company to defend.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Jeffrey Mark Adams

4

Answered . Listen to attorney Coluccio