Can I be sued for this?

Boise, ID |

They say I took a cell phone on video. I watched it twice, but there is no cell phone visible in my hand. They narrate what they think i'm doing to match the video. Can they sue me for that?

1. A much more detailed recitation of facts would be necessary to determine whether you are liable to someone for something. Were you in a public place or in someone's house? Were you taking a video, or not? The reality is that anyone can sue anyone else for ANYTHING. You can sue a ham sandwich if you like because it doesn't contain horseradish mustard. Whether someone can sue you is not the proper question. The proper question is whether the law makes you civilly liable to another for doing or not doing something, if the matter is proved more likely than not.

Not legal advice as I don't practice law in Idaho. It's just my two cents in light of general principles of law. If you need legal advice, please consult a lawyer who holds Idaho licensure, as I practice in Vermont ONLY.

2. Mr. Taylor is correct. Your question is too short on details of what happened and what you think you could be sued for.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.