Can I be sued for amounts my insurance company did not pay for a car rental for someone I rear ended?

Asked over 1 year ago - Orange, CA

The person drives a Mercedes SUV and my insurance company only covered a standard car.

1. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

5

Answered . yes, if they did not sign a release with your insurance company. if you get sued turn the papers over to your insurance immediately.

2. John K Lassen

6

Answered . Yes, you can be sued. Retain a local attorney to review coverage.

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630
  3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

4

Answered . Yes, you can be sued. if that happens, make sure you give everything you can to your own insurance carrier as they will be obligated to provide you with a defense!

Best of luck.

Pro

4

Answered . Yes, but turn everything over to your insurance company to defend.

5. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

3

Answered . If you are sued, your insurance company will have to defend you and pay any Judgment against you, up to the limit of the coverage.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.