Can I be sued for amounts my insurance company did not pay for a car rental for someone I rear ended?

Orange, CA |

The person drives a Mercedes SUV and my insurance company only covered a standard car.

1. yes, if they did not sign a release with your insurance company. if you get sued turn the papers over to your insurance immediately.

2. Yes, you can be sued. if that happens, make sure you give everything you can to your own insurance carrier as they will be obligated to provide you with a defense!

Best of luck.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

3. Yes, you can be sued. Retain a local attorney to review coverage.

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

4. If you are sued, your insurance company will have to defend you and pay any Judgment against you, up to the limit of the coverage.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

5. Yes, but turn everything over to your insurance company to defend.