Can I be sued by the insurance co of at fault car accident. I am nh resident and hit mass car. Her insurance is paying for now

Asked about 2 years ago - Litchfield, NH

Car accident in NH-I have no insurance and hit a Mass drivers car-sun in my eyes and rear ended car in front of me. Was contacted today by her attorney confirming I have no insurance. She has um, pip and is fully insured. I that lawyer going to go after the insurance or me? If going after insurance co-will they attempt to come after me?

1. David M. Gottesman

Pro

3

Answered . The likelihood is that the Mass driver will look to her own uninsured motorist coverage to cover the claim. The Mass driver or her insurance company may notify the NH Department of Motor Vehicles, and you may be required to post a bond for her damages or suffer the loss of your NH driver's license until the damages are paid. The Mass driver can also bring an action directly against you that will result in a judgment, and that judgment is good for 20 years. If the Mass driver's insurer pays the claim, they could come back at you for reimbursement for what they had to pay.

2. Robert Don Fink

3

Answered . Nobody can tell you what will happen in the future on this. However, since you are not insured and she has coverage, she will most likely attempt to collect from her insurance company. The insurance company can attempt to collect from you… some do, some don’t. If you do get sued (by anyone) get a lawyer.

3. Kevin Coluccio

3

Answered . Depending on your assets, it is likely the attorney will go after the UIM, however, the UIM carrier will likely seek monies from you.