Can I be sued by an illegal immigrants?

Bakersfield, CA |

I was uninsured .hit him making a right after a stop sign like 2 MPG .we didn't call the cops he said he was fine.however he did need help getn up he said he had knee problems(he's 80)3 months later says he needs a knee replacement and wants 10000 or hell sue me

1. Report the collision to your insurance carrier and they will fight on your behalf -- to include retaining an attorney to expose this fraud.

Best of luck!

Dan

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

2. I agree - report the matter to you insurance carrier. It is important that you allow them to handle the matter.

3. IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE SUBMIT THE CLAIM TO YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY. IF YOU DO NOT, WORK OUT A DEAL WITH THE PLAINTIFF. HIS BEING ILLEGAL IS IRRELEVANT. HE WAS A PEDESTRIAN. BEST OF LUCK.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

4. I agree..report it to your insurance..a foreign person can sue you...not sure how you know he is "illegal"

The content of this answer has been prepared by Scott Legal Services, P.C. for general informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and should not be considered or relied upon as legal advice. Transmission or receipt of the content of this information does not create, nor is it intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Because each matter involves differing facts, online readers should not act upon the content of this website without seeking legal advice.

5. Yes, he can sue you. Since you did not have insurance, retain a local car accident lawyer to defend if he sues you.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com