Can i be reimburse for legal fees if i am forced to get a lawyer

Portsmouth, RI |

I got into an accident in 2010. After about a year of negotiating the insurance agent told me that she was given a certain amount to settle and if I didn't think that this was a fair offer I could seek a lawyer which I did. Now I am wondering can I add my lawyers fees into my settlemant

Personal injury case; no. Sorry.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Ps. You will almost certainly net out ahead with a qualified attirmey

Not in an injury case you cannot.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

No -- but use of an attorney is vital when it comes to negotiating a personal injury settlement. Your attorney will earn a portion of your settlement through the work he or she does.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Contact one of the above lawyers for assistance.

Neville Joseph Bedford

Neville Joseph Bedford

your bots are amazing

Neville Joseph Bedford

Neville Joseph Bedford

I wish I had y our Seo optimization

If this is a Rhode Island case, you should know that the time frame you need to be aware of is 3 years from the date of injury. If you do not settle or file suit, you may lose your legal rights, including the right to collect money. Also, you could be receiving a "low ball" initial offer from an insurance claim representative. Please feel free to call my office in Providence at (401) 273-3000 for a free consultation of your claim.

The opinion above should not be interpreted to be legal advice but rather an opinion. Attorney / Client relationship is not being established by the comments contained above.

Not unless 'bad faith' is involved. You should discuss with your attorney.

I am not your attorney and I am not giving legal advice. I am giving you general information about the law. To give you legal advice I would first have to learn more about the facts and circumstances of your particular situation. The Rhode Island Supreme Court licenses all lawyers in the general practice of law. The court does not license or certify any lawyer as an expert or specialist in any particular field of practice.

Attorney fees in personal injury cases are not usually awarded to either party. Since a lawyer who normally handles personal injury cases will know the range of value that your case is probably worth, he or she will likely be able to negotiate or litigate a higher amount. As discussed in the previous answers, you need to be aware of the statute of limitation and go to a lawyer early enough that he can negotiate and file for litigation early enough to protect your right to sue.

Nothing in this answer should be construed as legal advise and does not establish an attorney-client relationship without a signed legal services agreement

This is a great question to discuss with your attorney - with whom you have presumably signed a retainer agreement. That agreement will most likely specify what fees are to be paid to the attorney and by whom.

This observation is provided without warranty nor guarantee and for entertainment and informational purposes only. This answer is not legal advice. Not to be used as infant formula. No attorney client relationship is established as a result of these communications. The best legal advice you can get is to consult with an attorney licensed in your state or territory.

Neville Joseph Bedford

Neville Joseph Bedford

wait, do you have an attorney?