Can I be put in jail for having hot U.As when iam on pretrial

Greeley, CO |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs or both. Am on pretrial an all my UAs were hot my levels went down an went back up. I haven't been smoking. But if I continue to have hot UAs can I be put in jail.haven't been convicted of any charges

You absolutely can. Your Pretrial Services Case Manager will send a report to the District Attorney notifying them of your hot UA's and the District Attorney will file a Motion to Revoke Bond. If this happens you will be arrested and a new bond will be set in your case. If your bond is revoked in Weld County and a new bond is set it is usually twice the amount of the original bond.

Kent J. Leier
The Leier Law Office, LLC

The Leier Law Office, LLC, 110 East Oak St. Ste. 220, Fort Collins, CO. Call 970-682-4581 for a free consultation. The answer above does not form an attorney client relationship and does not substitute for advice that can be obtained during an in depth initial consultation.

Yes, the DA can file a Motion to Revoke your Bond, assuming that you are on bond, and ask that you be remanded to jail. It might also be a condition of your bond for you not to consume any alcohol.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

Yes. Retain a local counsel at once given your developments that affect your present cases negatively.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com