Can i be placed on a diversion program for underage drinking if I'm already on supervision in another county in IL?

Asked over 2 years ago - Arlington Heights, IL

on supervision for underage drinking and battery. Will these necessarily turn into a conviction if an attorney talks to the prosecutor and works something out?

1. Ted Harvatin

Pro

Answered . Not necessarily but you are in jeopardy.

2. Eric T. Perry

Answered . It is not impossible to receive a diversion, but generally speaking, being on supervision for the same offense doesn't work in your favor. You risk your driver's license being suspended, which it may already be for your prior. I represent many young people in your area and know the prosecutors are not out to hurt you, but you need to show you are taking this seriously. There may be some proactive measures you can take.

Feel free to call me or another experienced lawyer in your area that can help you.

Eric T. Perry
    725 E. Dundee Road - Suite 204
    Arlington Heights, IL 60004
    (847) 465-0007

3. Gregory David Spink

1

Answered . That's a tough answer and will depend on your county and the requirements of the program. There is a good chance the new charges may disqualify or kick you out of the diversionary program. Discuss these new charges with attorney, depending on the facts he may be able to work you into another program.