Can I be on payroll of one company on vaccation & join another company on H1 B? H1B trasfer to Company B is approved

San Francisco, CA |

Comapny A had my H1B now Company B has transfered that H1B.Company B wants me to join immediately, so I need to in vaccation in Comapny A to do that. Is it legal to be on two payrolls?the overlap is 3 weeks

Yes, you can have multiple concurrent H-1b visas. You do not even necessarily need to be on vacation from company A. So long as Company B filed a new H-1b petition that was received by USCIS (safest to wait for the receipt notice), you can begin employment with Company B.

I agree with Jason.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.