Can i be jailed for county building code violations

Cedar City, UT |

can i be jailed for building a house without a permit, living in it, and failing to have it inspected?

There can be circumstances, yes, where the collection of misdeeds you have listed can accumulate to requiring you to be jailed.

Do not post any details online because of potential self incrimination problems. Get a criminal defense lawyer on your side. Your lawyer will tell you not to speak to the police.

What you post here may be used against you. No one can say what the evidence is against you so at least remain silent and do not incriminate yourself without speaking to a lawyer.

Read my Legal Guide "Internet Privacy - Not!" if you think it might be helpful.

You need a lawyer so get one. ASAP!

Read my Legal Guide "What is the Right to Remain Silent?

Because this matter is so important you should really get a lawyer. Many factors such as age, prosecutor discretion, what judge you have, whether witnesses are credible all matter and that makes it near impossible to say what type of time you'll do if this is a crime.

You can miss defenses and say the wrong things if you are not represented by an advocate as your attorney.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "Ethics: Yes I Need a Lawyer!"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You."

You might read my Legal Guide "Can An Attorney Really Help?"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer?"

Online we cannot know what the other details are going on in your case because online we cannot find out those details. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This observation is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. This observation is not like a communication with a lawyer with whom you have an attorney-client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides.

Recommended articles about Real estate