Can I be indicted for something I was never arrested or cited for? How can I have missed a court date I never knew about?

Asked over 1 year ago - Richmond, KY

The police told me as long as I was cooperative and gave them the information for the person they were really looking for, I had nothing to worry about. I gave them the information, they left my house and I never saw them again. Now I find out that I somehow have the same charge as the person I gave up and was never arrested, processed, or even cited. How is this possible?

1. Frank Mascagni III

3

1

Answered . The prosecutor can present the case directly to a state Grand Jury without a prior arrest/citation on the charge. The state Grand Jury can also request that a warrant be issued for your arrest. You need to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP.

2. Patrick Owen Earl

Pro

1

1

Answered . You cooperated with law enforcement and gave info about another person. What there a contract between you and the officers for help? Were you working off another thing with the officer to aid you in past troubles? Did you give incrimidating statements against you in your statement to law enforcement concerning the other person? Sound like someone else gave a statement against you and someone made a charging decision against you so you need to get an attorney and defend yourself.