Can I be in a public venue if I have a stalking order against me?

Asked over 1 year ago - Portland, OR

A women "FRIEND" of my husbands got a stalking order approved. While out watching my husband perform said women showed up and asked her friend to tell me to leave. Can I be in a public venue if she is there and I was there long before she was?

1. Jay Bodzin

4

Answered . You can be in a public place, sure; but if the person who has the restraining order appears there, you have to leave. If you don't, you can be arrested for violating the stalking protective order. The first violation is a Class A misdemeanor; any subsequent one is a Class C felony.

If this person repeatedly seeks you out, then you MIGHT be able to use this as a basis to have the order overturned. But this is not easy to prove.

Please read the following notice:

2. Robert Glenn Crow

Pro

4

Answered . Presumably the stalking order says you must leave if she arrives at the same place you are. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter that you were there first.