Can I be granted a divorce if my husband is not contesting the divorce but does not answer the summons for divorce

Asked 6 months ago - Corinth, NY

am filing on my own and he has not answered the summons

I am filing everything on my own.once he is served the summons for divorce and does not sign it I wont have that paper to file .what do I do if it was the sheriffs department that served him.

1. Jeffrey B. Peltz

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, this is called a divorce by default.

2. David Alexander Browde

Pro

Answered . Default is possible. But it requires paperwork.

3. Howard A. Schwartz

Answered . Yes. The judgment can be granted based in the defendant defaulting.

This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.
  4. Arthur Wemegah

Answered . Yes, you can be granted a default judgment which will permit you the remedies you seek in your divorce complaint.

5. Louis Lawrence Sternberg

Pro

Answered . Have your husband served by a process server. The server will then file an Affidavit of Service.