Can I be grandfathered for adjustment of status via 245i even though I aged out in 2001?

Asked about 1 year ago - Fullerton, CA

My family and I moved to Ca on May 1996. My I130 has a notice date of march 1998. On 4/19/01 my father petitioned for an adjustment of status. I received a permit to work, to apply for a license, etc., he also submitted a 245i w/ supplement A. When we applied, they noticed that in less than 4 months I would be turning 21, so they put a flag on it. The entire family got scheduled for an interview past my 21st bday. When we got there, I was immediately denied and sent out of the room. My family got denied too because someone was missing medical info. After submitting said info, we all got scheduled again. Once more, I got denied and my family received their visas. I got married in 2002 but have been afraid to apply again, and been living in fear all this time. What are my chances ?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

Answered . Apply for adjustment of status under section 245i.

2. Brian David Lerner

Pro

4

Best Answer

Answered . Hello:

Based upon your information, you should be able to properly apply for adjustment under 245(i). If you entered the U.S. legally and then married a U.S. Citizen, you would not need 245(i) to adjust.

3. Rudolph Baboun

4

Answered . Yes