Can i be fired for knowing that a coworker is a pedophile?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lubbock, TX

i recently discovered that a manageer at my office, also known as a childrens clinic, is a convicted high risk pedophile. i got in trouble when my child called and refused to send the call to this person first. the doctor knows about this and gave authority to the manager to fire me if he wanted. i wasn't, but is that legal? also, the manager is not registered as working at this office? is something were to happen, could i be held accountable because i know and haven't told authorities?

1. Gary Alan Armstrong

Pro

1

Answered . Some people can be held liable both criminally and civilly. But regardless, you need to go to the authorities with this information.

2. Orsen E. Paxton III

Pro

1

Answered . As a parent why would you even hesitate to go to the police? But, you'd better be correct. If he is not a convicted sex offender you will bring the world down on yourself.

DISCLAIMER: This is not specific legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship.
  3. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . Report the criminal conduct to the police. After what happened at Penn State with the Jerry Sandusky matter, you know all too well that those in the know that do not report can be held criminally liable (President, Athletic Director etc....)

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now